Tuesday 13 April 2010

Sometimes you should just...

leave stuff alone!!  I was shopping last week in Mr Price in Dahran Mall... (now, any South Africans reading this are going to be hopping up and down saying 'They have Mr Price in Saudi Arabia'?) and found these photo frames... I certainly would not have paid the full asking price for them but as they had reduced stickers and were now pretty cheap-ish, I figured they might be good for a bit of tarting up!!
This is the way they came... I think they were trying for a vintage type effect...
So this is it after a couple of coats of paint and some gold and as you can see... I had company in scraproom today...

OK... so I think this where I should have just stopped....
but I didn't.... LOL

15 comments:

  1. Wow that is really gorgeous.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ... what a great altered frame ... and I am glad you did n't stop there .... coz at that point I was n't so sure ... now I am absolutely bloomin certain ... it is definitely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunning.....and beautiful!! great work xx

    kazx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunning.....and beautiful!! great work xx

    kazx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you didn't stop as it's a fabuloous finished frame. Where are you going to hang it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. annette that is stunning.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh you lost me half way through...but the finished thing is just beautiful!!
    love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really beautiful, so glad you didn't stop, what a great finished piece of art work, well done you.
    Glad you had some company too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is beautiful.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Annette - just beautiful. As for Mr Price...when I read the first line, I was thinking....they used to have a Mr Price cheapy shop in Eastbourne when I visited my fil. That's why the shop has closed! He's moved to Jubail! LOL. Lucky you. I'm sad, as that is where I used to buy my lovely shaped canvases. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I forgot to mention...I have a little something over on my blog for you.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful frames - you didn't need to stop.. :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow - you did a great job with this frame ... how inspiring

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That extra step just completed a beautiful frame just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)