Wednesday 6 October 2010

WOYWW 6th October

Its Wednesday... well barely, as its 4.30 a.m. and the only reason I up and about is because the cats decided that they were going to mess about until I got out of bed... the likelihood of either one becoming a pair of furry mittens in the not to distant future is pretty high!! TomTom has taken to wailing... yep, wailing in the early hours of the morning in the hope that if he is really annoying I will let him out to play in the streets!  He started at 3 a.m. and I gave in trying to sleep at 4 a.m. - I don't think he will ever happily adjust to being a house cat but he has little choice in the matter.  So, getting back to my work desk... this is how I left it last night, still working on the book of Pandora which is coming together slowly!  
This is TomTom... just to prove I am not totally awful, he still has all his fur!! LOL
Oh and next to my desk this morning is a bargain I found at Ikea!!  I was in the As Is section where all the stuff that isn't going to be stocked anymore ends up and I spotted it... I was with Odelia and she looked at me a little oddly and kindly pointed out that it was way too big to fit in my kitchen drawers...
and she is correct - its huge!!  But I didn't see a 30" cutlery tray.... all I could see was a brilliant printer's tray for the wall, painted and decorated I think it will look fab! 
If you just happened upon this page and you are wondering what WOYWW is all about, it's the day of the week that we all display what is on our work desks, check out Julia's blog for the details and links to the ever growing list of people who love to nose about each other's work areas!

26 comments:

  1. Love your fab bargain.:0)
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo I love the book you are making, just love those K&Co papers. I have cats, I know what you mean, but mine are older and happy to sleep through the night now! Tom Tom is very handsome and I wish we had those trays in Ikea in the UK! K x thanks for the peak

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to visit your blog Annette. You have so much creativity and I receive so much inspiration. *Ü* Love that cutlery tray. I never see things for what they are either! LOL. Too much to do and so little time to do it means my items for altering are piling up! TFS. ~Glen~ #30

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! I know just what you mean about the yowling cat! Mine was so conditioned that he would yowl from the doorway and then run down the hall because I'd throw a pillow at him! lol He finally learned I would not let him out while it was still dark out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How come I never spot things like that! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great bargain from Ikea, and you're right, it'll make a fantastic printers tray. Methinks once the weather changes in Calgary you might think again about those furry mittens!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book is beautiful!! And that huge tray - oh yeah, I can see you making something amazing out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab bargain it will look fab when finished. Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab bargain it will look fab when finished. Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. screech.....can you hear my tyres burn as I run to drive to my nearest ikea!! lol cannot wait to see what you do with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see the end result of your bargain.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ya
    bless the kitty!!! NOT.
    oh luv ya bargin can't wait to see what you do with it,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (2)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely tray. You will turn it into something stunning - do hope you share it with us when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are soooooooooo right that will look totally fab! I never knew you could go large when buying a cutlery tray!
    Linky #27

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great find - want to see the finished thing! Nice book too - show us more!
    Sarah sasa 18

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an excellent find. Ikea is just the best. TomTom is just gorgeous, the wailing will stop eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The book is beautiful - I love that faded, vintage look. I would have grabbed that cutlery tray thingy too - what a great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look forward to seeing what you do with your Ikea buy. Tom tom looks a little concerned ....I think he heard you mentioning something about fur gloves :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  19. it's great to find unexpected bargains. love the mini book, and the cats look adorable. Caroline (82)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the project you have on the go...the colours are so pretty. You have to forgive such a photogenic cat!!
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. :) You should look up Simon's Cat on YouTube :) It reminds me of your cat story

    Katie (183)

    ReplyDelete
  22. thats going to take some doing....good luck and thanks for the peek
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fantastic find - a trip to Ikea is called for I think - lol.

    Your cat story reminded me of our cat Sheba who used to do the same thing - make a nuisance of herself until one of us let her out the house in the early hours.

    Sherry (117)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I guess you called him TomTom, because he can always find his way home. unlike some sat-nav's. I'm usually up at four, be that's because I haven't gone to bed yet! This week,no...late showing off my mess, even with the cat poking me in the eye to get up!
    Happy WOYWW
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Did you think I wasn't coming? Did you think I'd missed you? I had intended to stop by and visit my "peep" first, then anyone who left a comment, then I got confused, so decided to go through the list instead. You see how well my strategy worked (grin).

    I see a tray for the wall, too. Wish we had an IKEA. And I'm in love with that book spread. Having trouble finishing it? It may be going around, that lack of mojo.

    Glad Tom Tom survived. After all, he's a real sweetie and Bleubeard likes him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ouch, some early morning for you with the cats, but atleast it means more time to craft. Yay!!!

    Claire
    #78
    http://www.your-creativemoments.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)