Sunday 16 October 2011

All the leaves are brown....

and the skies are gray.... yep, you can join in and sing along with me... Autumn is here... oops... I'm in Canada... Fall is here!! ;)
I have my Mum visiting me at the moment - she wanted to see if Canada did any colour other than white because last Christmas when she came to stay we had snow on the ground for the entire 6 weeks (she thought that was bad until I explained to her that I had it for an entire 6 months)!! 
So before all the leaves fell off the trees we took her along the road to Kananaskis and visited Elbow Falls.
It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and the leaves were lovely shades of gold.
Elbow Falls
Mum at Elbow Falls
Chris and Mum




and we found this little squirrel in a fir tree munching on pine needles...
Mum and Chris - the trees were fabulous.
I always find it so surprising that I can drive 10 minutes out of Calgary and be surrounded by such beautiful scenery...

Road to Kananaskis with the Rockies in the background.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what fabulous colours - amazing photos Annette. Hope your Mum enjoys her more colourful visit.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning views ...great photos ...glad your Mum saw something more than white this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures!
    my Future DIL is Canadian from Toronto such a lovely personality too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mum will have to admit that she's seen every shade of gold, brown, yellow, orange and umber this visit... not just white. The photographs are gorgeous! The squirrel is so cute! And... are you sure that's your mum? She doesn't look old enough! Obviously, this is where you get your youthful looks from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such beautiful photos. The scenery there really is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nearly fell off my chair at the beauty of these photos. Loved to see your mom (or mum) enjoying her trip. These are some beautiful shots of the Falls, the squirrel, and trees. I am totally impressed with the beauty surrounding where you live. We have NOTHING this gorgeous and the trees still haven't started to turn.

    Hope your mom enjoys her visit and I can see from these photos she is having fun with you and Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beauty! Autumn is my favourite time of year. Just love these photos, thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. have you guys been out there in snow and ice? it is beautiful then...all frozen....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)