Wednesday 22 February 2012

Cabbage roses

I was wandering from blog to blog and found a tutorial that Donna had done for Elizabeth making the loveliest roses!!  Only problem was I couldn't find my 2 inch circle punch... I could find a 1 1/2" and a 3" so decided to give it a go with the 3" punch and see what happened...
I like them... I like them a lot!!  I inked the edges and gave them a smoosh of glimmer mist and added a pearl to their centre then touched them up with a little glitter and I think they could stand their own against some of the ready made bought ones!!  They remind me of cabbage roses that grew in my Grandfather's garden when I was a child.  These will go into the parcel that is to be posted off to Elizabeth because I bet she hasn't made any yet...  ;)  Thank you Donna, your tutorial was brilliant!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers Annette - they look lovely and your colour choice is fab.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are gorgeous - will check out the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, these are GORGEOUS. I think my circle punches are 1" and 2 1/2". I love what you made. I can see using up old phone book pages with the "cabbage roses," too. I love yours as much as Donna's. These are superb.

    As for the book covers, I think I will answer your concern next Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cabbage roses. The extra touches are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely, you can never have too many.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)