Saturday 11 February 2012

You know when it's a bit chilly outside because...

you got to bed and are joined by both cats.... who seem totally incapable of sleeping on one half of the queen size bed that you have allotted them!  (Nb.  Queen size here is King size in the UK so it's a pretty big bed).
Chris is away in Fort Mac so its just me taking up a strip down one side... so why do I wake up after just an hour and have this Gulliver in Lilliput feeling?  Tom-Tom is stretched out down one side of me and Pandy is stretched out down the other side... the duvet is pulled tightly over my legs and I realise I am sleeping in a strip that is about 8 inches wide and can't move... nope, not even a little bit!!  Do I just ooomph them both off?  Stretch and heave so that I have a little space to turn over if I wish?  Do I heck... I lay there, cramped and feeling like a sardine in a tin so that they aren't disturbed.... which probably means that I am... disturbed, that is!! 

9 comments:

  1. The joys of being owned by cats. I remember them well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes ...I ask myself the same question every night ...and then add one tucked into my arm with head in my arm pit???. Thank goodness only 3 or 4 of the 19 sleep with me in my singlle bed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol @ Angie - I had a cat that used to do that - she'd join me under the duvet and bury her nose in my armpit - and snore... I still want to know how one small cat can take up the entire bed by herself...

    Annette I hope you're feeling slightly less cramped today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Annette, how familiar is this eh? AlfieCat turns into a 10 stone lump when he gets onto my feet... and he tries to nick the hot water bottle... and still, I lay there shivering... must be love lolx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The joys of loving a cat, I only have one furrball, but I have known to sleep on 6" of the bed so as not to wake her.... What are we like eh!!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Hysterical - that image is just perfect! I don't have a cat, but a 10kg dog and she knows better than to pin me down! She does it to my hubby instead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems we who have cats (and allow ourselves to sleep with them) have had similar stories. So often, I have awoken, maybe ready to face the day, maybe ready to visit the toilet, only to realize if I get up, I will disturb my FurBall (yep, he gets two caps), so don't move being respectful. Of course, when he finally does wake, he probably will scratch me for attention or his desire to leave the room. I can SO relate to this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My late dog used to sprawl across the bed when she stayed with my FIL - he would grumble that she took up so much space but when I told him she shouldn't be on the bed and he should shove her off, he would then say..."but she looked so comfy" LOL

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just as things are in our house except they do that when there are two of us in bed (luckily hubby is the sardine in this case) BUT our bed is just a standard UK double so smaller than yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)